We are now 6 weeks into co-op this year! Yes, time is still soaring by!!! We have a fabulous group of families with us this year and are so blessed by each one of them. We have little tiny babies which are yet to be born - all the way up to the middle school years! We've all sorts of classes this year - from writing to science to board games and many more! If you have been searching for a group to become a part of, which will not only compliment your family's homeschooling but also fill your spirits, we would love to schedule a visit for you to come and get to know us. We are blessed each day we gather together and it is apparent that the Lord is moving among these sweet families. Thank you to everyone who is participating this year. We are so grateful for you!
Wow! Our first year flew by! I thought I'd better get an update of some sort on our website before we officially begin our 2nd year! I decided to put together a small slide show of some of the highlights of our first year of Firm Foundation! If you have other pictures you would like me to add in here, please email them to email@example.com. Thank you to all the beautiful families that helped make this first year a SUCCESS! What a blessing to get to know each of your families!
After months of hard work planning, prepping, praying, and persevering...our first day of co-op is here!
These past several months have been very much like preparing for the birth of a child. Oh, the excitement and anticipation of this day! We will finally look upon the face of what we helped to create!
Well, ladies....the day is here! Praise the Lord!
May this day be dedicated to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. May we bring Him glory and honor through the discipleship of each of these dear children He has entrusted to us. May we minister to their hearts in ways that help to shape and mold them into the masterpieces God is calling them to become! May our Heavenly Father tenderly minister to each of our hearts as mothers and teachers of these dear children. May His grace and mercy be poured out on us fresh each day. May we always remember who we are serving - a mighty, powerful, loving, merciful, limitless, gracious God!
Now - Let's go and make disciples!
Hello FFHE Families!
I just wanted to write up a quick note outlining some exciting and important things that have been going on within our co-op. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything you would like to share with everyone and I will include it in future group communication.
Some notes from our last FFHE meeting:
The Lord has provided for us in a number of ways.
1. Our website is up and running for the most part - www.firmfoundationhe.weebly.com (you already know this, since you are here)
2. We voted unanimously to accept Timberview's offer of $100 rent per week + our own janitorial + our own insurance which will amount to about $2 per family per month.
3. Most moms have settled out what they will enjoy teaching for our children. If there is a particular class on your heart, please let us know. We have needs in preschool which everyone feels qualified to stand in for, but the one mommy who had a vision for it, realized that she would be good at and interested in teaching mapping or geocaching (treasure hunting with gps) or engineering! So we are letting her run with that.
4. Next meeting we hope to knock out a schedule for the fall. That meeting will be at Tammie's house July 1st 6-8 if you can make it.
5. Dues will likely be around $35/month. We have included a small scholarship fund to be available to help families at difficult times. If we have it left over by the end of the year, we might donate it or celebrate with it, or keep it as a cushion. But the intention is to be able to help one another as one or another of us experiences a tight month.
Check out the upcoming events on the website for opportunities to fellowship with one another.
Veronica Wolfe has planned to host a "Once a Month Meals" event if anyone is interested. Details for this are on the calendar under the "Events" Tab above.
If you have any used curriculum or other gently-used items that you would like to place on our website, please contact us as we will be adding those to the website.
-Carmen Spotts, FFHE secretary and webmistress
Our board has met a few times now to discuss bylaws, classes, possible locations, etc. We have a really solid bunch of ladies who volunteered to head-up the co-op this year and we are so blessed and thankful for each of them. We have a wonderful group of families joining us this year and we are super excited to get to know all of you and to have our children grow together. We have written our Statement of Faith, our Mission Statement, and have our website up and running.
We are still working on the location for our weekly co-op meetings. Kathy Smith has been meeting with various people at various locations and has been doing a great job promoting our co-op and our co-op's purpose.
Timberview Christian Fellowship's board is meeting to discuss our co-op and to see if they feel we are a good fit for their ministry. It is looking promising. We are working out all the details of securing this location, i.e. liability insurance, rental fees, etc.
Chattaroy Community Church has given us a positive yes! The board is meeting to make a firm decision.
We have yet to make contact with the church in Upper Gleneden (FROG church).
We will be keeping you all up to date as we receive new information.
Firm Foundation's next board meeting will be held on June 17th at 6 p.m. at Tammy White's home. The meeting agenda will be the compilation of classes, determining the location and membership fees. Our hope is to see all of you there.